|10km Licensed||R 70.00|
|10km Unlicensed athletes||R 100.00 (includes temp license)|
|Licensed athletes 65 yrs +||Free in the 10km|
|2km Little Ladies (10yrs and under)||R 25.00|
Medals to all finishers in both Races
|1 – 10||Gold|
|11 – 100||Silver|
All Little Ladies finishers will get medals and be included in their lucky draw from around 9.30am.
The race starts and finishes at Pollok Beach Grass Area, Summerstrand, on date advertised.
The 10km starts at 07h00 and the 5km at 08h00. Start line CLOSES 20 minutes after start.
- Only females of 14 years and older may enter the 10km. Age restriction for the 5km is 9 years. (Under 9’s may take part on condition they are accompanied by an adult for the whole race). Males MAY ONLY enter the 5km race and must dress in drag and run near the back. No pets allowed on race course.
- Online entries or manual entries can be handed in at THE FOOTBALLER, Cape Road; BRIAN BANDS, Cape Road; ACTION SPORTS, 6th Ave Walmer & Summerstrand; SPORTSMANS WAREHOUSE, Moffet Park and BROCKETTS SPORTS, Uitenhage until Wed before race day at 17h00. On entering you will receive your Race Number.
- The first 10,000 pre-entrants will receive t-shirt vouchers, redeemable at the race venue.
- Late registration and collection of t-shirts will take place at Pollok Beach on the Thursday and Friday of race week from 09h00 to 18h00 and on the morning of the race from 05h30.
- Race numbers must be worn on the front and license/temp number on the back in the 10km and must be clearly visible to the camera when coming down the Finish Tunnel. Race number to be worn on the front in the 5km. Only the winning times will be taken in the 5km. DO NOT FOLD OR CRUMPLE the race number as it contains a timing chip. NO CHIP = NO TIME
- Registered athletes are to wear club colours for 10km.
- The temporary licence fee is compulsory for all unlicenced participants in the 10km and as from 2017 onwards, temporary licensed athletes are no longer covered by the National Insurance Policy.
- Registered athletes over the age of 65 years enter free in 10km.
- Age category tags must be worn front & back of the vest by athletes competing for age category prizes in the 10km. Runners using a temporary licence shall produce proof of age on race day to qualify for prizes.
- The “No Seconding” Rule applies and all participants must obey marshals and traffic officials at all times. Running on / across grass verges / pavements will lead to disqualification in the 10km.
- Please make use of LITTER BINS provided for water sachet packets. No littering is permitted beyond demarcated drinks areas as per ASA ruling.
- The wearing of ear-phones while running is prohibited as this is seen as a safety hazard to runners.
- Cut-off time for the 10km is 1 hour 40 minutes and the 5km is 1 hour.
- Prize Giving will be as close to 09h15 as possible, and only females who deposit the ENTRY INTO LUCKY DRAW strip from their race number into the Lucky Draw Box and who are present, will be eligible for Lucky Draw Prizes. As this is a women’s race, only females will be eligible for any Prizes. Prize giving and entertainment should finish around 12 noon.
- Medals to all finishers in both the 10km and 5km within the cut-off times.
- 10km results will be posted on www.spar.co.za
- Organising Club is Walmer Athletics Club according to rules of EPA and ASA and managed with the assistance of Zsports Events NPC.
- Food and refreshments will be on sale through various vendors.
Race Office (041) 585 2236 / (079) 901 4086 (week days between 08h30 and 17h00)